Monday, November 26, 2012

i am thankful.

i know that thanksgiving is over now, but during my break from classes, i rediscovered something. i remembered exactly how important my boyfriend, josh, is to me.
i got to thinking about a year ago.. josh and i had been dating for four months, and we went to spend the day in topeka. we took photos in a picture booth, and i still have them. i remember being so happy on that day, and feeling like i was on top of the world because of how this boy made me feel. i want everyone to know that now, a year later, i still feel just as strongly for him.
i think that sometimes we get caught up in the stress of schoolwork and living in residence halls, along with family issues and we forget just how lucky we are to have each other, but over thanksgiving break, i think that we started to appreciate each other more than we have been.
while yes, we see each other every day now, have one tree hill dates in my room most days, and still go to movies and out to eat occasionally... we haven't been treating each other like the special, important people we are.
we both lose sight of what a great relationship we have sometimes, but in the past few days, two of my dear friends have faced heartbreak. they both haven't been with the people they love for a while now, but they of course still have feelings for them, and are having a difficult time coping without them. don't get me wrong: i don't think josh and i are breaking up anytime soon, but seeing my friends hurting so badly made me really appreciate how loving and caring my boy is.
i've been in relationships where i wasn't treated the way i should be, and in return, i didn't treat the other person well either. knowing that this relationship is the opposite of that gives me great hope in the world. i know that sounds cheesey, but if you asked me what makes me happy on a daily basis, i'd tell you it was josh.
yes, we have our problems, just like everyone else, but we pull each other through. we laugh together, cry together, complain together, and smile together, and i think that is what makes a relationship work. at the end of the day, even if we've had a fight, we love each other just as much, if not more, as we did before.
to josh: i know you'll read this, honey, and i hope you aren't embarrassed that i put this out there for the world to see. just know that you make me so happy and i am so thankful to have you.
i love you, bb boy.

<3 JS

follow me on [twitter] @jostorrer
follow me on [instagr.am] @jordanstorrer
follow me on [youtube] @jordanstorrer

No comments:

Post a Comment