Tuesday, November 20, 2012

gf recipes i want to try - breakfast.

as some of you may know, i lead a gluten-free lifestyle. as trying as that is on me, i feel like the people around me seem to suffer more. yes, i have limited options when eating in my school cafeteria, and the fear that something may be contaminated, but my loved ones often have to narrow their own options because of my gluten intolerance.

however, i firmly believe that there are many healthy, delicious, gluten-free meals out there that even the most bread-loving friend of mine would love. here are some i'm dying to try out:

let's start out with the most important meal of the day - breakfast!

muffins are a great way to get grains into your body, while still having a sweeter taste in the morning. the ones i really want to try are carrot muffins, because i've been craving carrot cake lately.

RECIPE:
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
3 eggs
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup yacon syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup carrots, grated
1/4 cup currants

In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil, yacon and vanilla
Blend dry ingredients into wet, then fold in carrots and currants
Grease a mini muffin tin with grapeseed oil
Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased mini muffin cup
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes
Cool and serve

Makes about 32 mini muffins

PHOTO:

let me know if you like this idea, because i'll probably be doing more food-related posts in the future!

<3 JS


follow me on [twitter] @jostorrer
follow me on [instagr.am] @jordanstorrer
follow me on [youtube] @jordanstorrer

No comments:

Post a Comment