Saturday, January 5, 2013

fitness - week one.

so today is wednesday, january 2nd, and i just had my first workout of the year. before my workout, i weighed myself. i was 164 pounds, and my BMI is 29.10, which is at risk for being overweight. while i'm nervous about sharing those numbers, i know that's all they are: numbers. and they'll go down with time. i'll weigh myself on sunday to start the new week!

for my first workout, i sort of wanted to take it easy and slide into a new routine, so i started off by stretching for a good ten minutes. i then did some exercises:

1) my first goal was 10 reps of jackknives. in the past, my favorite workouts were ab strength training, so i've decided to begin and end each workout with those sorts of things.
2) then, i knew that i needed to work on my flabby legs (don't be offended by that, it's true), so i started off with some lunges. i only did 10 reps on each leg for today, but i'll increase the amount of times i do those reps later.
3) next i did some triceps raises.. pretty self explanatory  i don't have access to weights right now, so i just used a water bottle - nice and easy does it.
4) i knew i needed to get some cardio in, but i honestly despise running. i think that's a big reason i haven't worked out in so long. however, all i forced myself to do today was power walk 0.5 miles at a speed of 3.8mph, which was almost to the point of jogging. it's not much, but i'll work my way back up.
5) i finished off my workout with some crunches. i did 20 reps each of regular and side crunches.

this week's playlist consists of the killers.. in case you were wondering. i'll be adding to this post each day i work out until saturday! 

today is thursday, and i let myself slack off a little.. a bad sign already. josh came over, and i didn't wake up early enough to work out before he got here, so after he left tonight, i did three sets of 50 crunches - one regular, the other two were side crunches. even though it's not much, i wanted to do something. tomorrow i work at 6 AM, but i'm going to try to work out when i get home. *here's hoping*

friday i got sick.

saturday i was still sick.

sunday is going to be my day of rest.. that may change when i get back to college, but i'll figure that out in a few weeks! overall, even though this week wasn't just like, fitness heaven, or something, it was a good start other than getting sick. hopefully i'll be over it by monday and i can get back on the wagon!


thank you for reading! 
<3 JS

follow me on [twitter] @jostorrer
follow me on [instagr.am] @jordanstorrer
follow me on [youtube] @jordanstorrer

No comments:

Post a Comment